Re: routing/vhost alias

Try `oc expose service app --hostname=alias-FQDN`, and assuming you point alias-FQDN at your default openshift-FQDN, the route should work.

----- On Jan 19, 2016, at 5:47 PM, Srinivas Naga Kotaru (skotaru) <skotaru cisco com> wrote:
Hi

In OSE 2.X we have a alias concept for routes. User or admin can create an alias ( apache vhost definition) for an application and create a DNS recored to point to upstream load balancer. This was so flexible if user FQDN is different than openshift created http url (  example http://<app>-<domain>.domain).

In 3.X we have router instead of apache node proxy. Can user or admin create similar alias entries?

The reason am asking, client facing virtual are different than openshift generated URL’s for each app in our environment.  We need a mechanism to map/proxy client facing url to openshift generated URL. Thus, it requires or have same Host header at backend using VHOST serveralias or HAProxy using some ACL definition etc.

--
Srinivas Kotaru