Re: routing/vhost alias

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 2:29 AM, Srinivas Naga Kotaru (skotaru)
<skotaru cisco com> wrote:
> Dale
>
> Thanks for reply. Am aware of this command but am not sure this is what am
> looking
>
> We have 2 URL for every application. 1st one is generated by openshift
> router and 2nd one client generated. Client generated URL simple a pointer
> to our DMZ reverse proxy servers. Once initial traffic landed in DMZ and
> proper security filtering, proxied back to openshift url.
>
> For this setup to work, openshift side should have an alias which is
> matching 1st URL for routing to work. In case of apache, it was done using
> vhost server alias mechanism. Since 3.x use HAProxy based router, am
> thinking we should have equivalent setup by matching Host header of 1st URL.
> At this moment HAProxy Router has ACL which are matching 2nd openshift Host
> Header.  Without ACL entry matching 1st URL, HAProxy won’t be abel to proxy
> to end points.  You will get 503 error etc unless we do a Host header
> conversion from 1st URL to 2nd at RP layer.
>
> Hope it helps.

Hi Srinivas,

To achieve the same result as the 'alias' command from 2.x you would
need to create a Route that matches the desired name.  Then you would
create a CNAME entry for that in your DNS server that points your
desired hostname to your router.  Hopefully I'm underestanding you
correctly and this is what you'd like to do.

--Brenton