RE: Dockerfile in OpenShift

Thanks for the answers. I have 2 containers which need to work together: they are started by:

docker run -d --name "name1" test/image1:1

docker run -d -p 80:80 --name "name2" --link name1:name1 test/image2:1

The images are created with Jenkins and Docker. They're pushed to a private repository. I've pulled the images from the private repo so now the images are on my OpenShift-server.

So the first question is how do I have to perform the docker 'link' command in OpenShift.

The second question is that I can't start a container from the image (I'm on OpenShift Origin 1.1 on Centos7)

oc new-app ec2-xxx:5000/test/image1:1

specify --allow-missing-images to use this image name.

The 'new-app' command will match arguments to the following types:

  1. Images tagged into image streams in the current project or the 'openshift' project
     - if you don't specify a tag, we'll add ':latest'
  2. Images in the Docker Hub, on remote registries, or on the local Docker engine
  3. Templates in the current project or the 'openshift' project
  4. Git repository URLs or local paths that point to Git repositories

A manual pull from the image of the registry is possible. I'm using selfsigned certificates:

[centos ]$ docker login ec2xxx:5000
Username: xxx
Password: xxx
Email: xxx
WARNING: login credentials saved in /home/centos/.docker/config.json
Login Succeeded
[centos ]$ docker pull ec2-xxx:5000/test/image1:1
Trying to pull repository
ec2-xxx:5000/test/image1: ... 1: Pulling from test/image1

cb6fb082434e: Pull complete
d4b2ba78e3b4: Pull complete
a6e95c2e4006: Pull complete
e5b8ef372059: Pull complete
9fd49db1519a: Pull complete
18fd13ace241: Pull complete
3a13fe6d067c: Pull complete
ad32405e6b07: Pull complete
0d31c447e494: Pull complete
9d0e8e26845f: Pull complete
8c2b81d41510: Pull complete
6bd8695f794a: Pull complete
2dd7a08ef976: Pull complete
3ab4a286479f: Pull complete
Digest: sha256:7ccf6d67556e20cb1da80acb608440d0a79d2d91dba20c296a7ef8b2f8de0952
ec2-xxx:5000/test/image1