Install OpenShift Origin on AWS

When I want to install OpenShift Origin the documentation is telling me that only nodes need the aditional storage for docker (so I'm adding an extra volume). This seems not necessary for masters (because they're not going to store docker containers etc.) But the masters have to know Docker. Do you have to install Docker on the same volume? (one volume for a master?).