Re: Install OpenShift Origin on AWS

If you ever want to run containers on the master (which btw is fine), you'll want that dedicated volume.  I suggest you set it up that way out of the gate to avoid hassles.
If you don't, you end up with the loop-lvm driver which tends to be slower than others (might be OK for your case).

Here is the documentation for configuring docker storage on RHEL:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/red-hat-enterprise-linux-atomic-host/version-7/red-hat-enterprise-linux-atomic-host-7-getting-started-with-containers/chapter-8-managing-storage-with-docker-formatted-containers/