Share ssh-key with other nodes during installation

I've installed OpenShift origin 1.1 a few times. But I always have to copy the key manually from the master to it nodes.
But when I have to create a cluster with many nodes I want to automate this.
I saw:

# for host in master.example.com \
    node1.example.com \
    node2.example.com; \
    do ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub $host; \
    done

Which looked very promissing but I always got:
/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: attempting to log in with the new key(s), to filter out any that are already installed
/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: 1 key(s) remain to be installed -- if you are prompted now it is to install the new keys
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).
/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: attempting to log in with the new key(s), to filter out any that are already installed
/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: 1 key(s) remain to be installed -- if you are prompted now it is to install the new keys
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).
/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: attempting to log in with the new key(s), to filter out any that are already installed
/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: 1 key(s) remain to be installed -- if you are prompted now it is to install the new keys
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).
What's wrong with the permissions?