wiring microservices together

I understand how it is possible, using OpenShift to create a few pods as microservices and to wire them together to create a composite application. Each pod/microservice gets its own build and deployment lifecycle, which is great. With my current knowledge the way I would gradually build this application is less than optimal:

I would start by deploying service 1, note its IP address then,
I would deploy service 2 and wire service 1's IP address as it depends on it
...and so on

So I'm wondering if there is a way that I can discover services at runtime, possibly by name. I know about fabric8's api but at first glance it seems a bit cumbersome to use.

Ideally I would like to deploy the entire app made of multiple services in one step, as a template, for instance. Again what I don't understand is how the wiring of service is accomplished in a generic way.