create image-stream for own image

I have an image (which is created by jenkins etc.) and it was pushed into a docker registry.
Now I'm able to pull that image out of the registry and store it on one of my OpenShift-nodes.

The problem is: Only the node on which I've pulled the image can create the pod/container of it. I also need the -- tag

So I need the best way to create the containers of the pulled image. I read somewhere I had to make an image-stream of the pulled image?
But do I really have to write it like Example 1. Image Stream Object Definition on https://docs.openshift.com/enterprise/3.0/architecture/core_concepts/builds_and_image_streams.html