port 53 and dnsmasq

I installed RHEL 7.2 from scratch, then installed Docker and downloaded and started Openshift 1.1.1.  I had been having trouble getting this version to run reliably.  I noticed just recently on startup it was complaining about port 53 already being bound.  I saw that dnsmasq was using the port.  I killed dnsmasq and restarted openshift.  Now when I look to see what is using port 53; openshift is (as I would expect).  I am wondering; does RHEL 7.2 start dnsmasq or does installing the latest version of docker available to RHEL start it?  It seems, Openshift being closely linked to RHEL, this should be known and mentioned prominently - dnsmasq should be stopped before starting Openshift.