Re: Unable to connect with service using mysql-ephemeral template

Is service DNS resolution otherwise working in your cluster?

if you just enter the container w/o starting the mysql shell are you able to dig/nslookup/ping the mysql hostname?

can you check the /etc/resolv.conf settings within the container to ensure the cluster DNS server is listed?