Binding service account to project-local roles

I want to bind a service account defined in one project to a role defined in another.  Apparently, I need to create a :default policybinding for the project containing the role.  I tried doing this, but then the project stopped showing up in the list of projects in the Web UI.  Why do I need this policybinding, and what does it need to contain in order to not break the Web UI?

I am running OpenShift Origin 1.2.0.

--
Alex Wauck // DevOps Engineer

E X O S I T E