Re: Determine when a deployment finishes programmatically

Hi Alex,

The way our tests wait for a deployment to finish is like this:

https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/69bd3991df7256befa0c979b6620153c44b428c1/test/extended/util/framework.go#L484-L487
https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/69bd3991df7256befa0c979b6620153c44b428c1/test/extended/util/framework.go#L370-L482

The key part there is using the watch API.

I think there's no CLI command that would give you as much flexibility as the API today, but you could try to do something on top of

$ oc get dc/... --watch / --watch-only

You'd react to every new output until you see the desired state.

Rodolfo Carvalho | OpenShift