Re: Error setting up EFK logging: Error from server: User "system:serviceaccount:logging:logging-deployer" cannot list configmaps in project "logging"

I wonder if you executed step 6:

$ oc policy add-role-to-user edit --serviceaccount logging-deployer

... at all, or perhaps in the wrong project?

The service account needs an edit role.