Manifest v2 schema error when pulling images from Docker Hub

Hi.

I'm running an Origin v1.2.0 cluster and docker v1.10.3-44 in our clients.
Origin fails to pull images from Docker Hub when I build a project with Dockerfile due to manifest v2 schema change - manifest unknown error.
I've tried to set the variable REGISTRY_MIDDLEWARE_REPOSITORY_OPENSHIFT_ACCEPTSCHEMA2 to true as documented here [1], but Origin continues to fail with the same error.
To work around it I'm pulling images locally and pushing them to an Origin registry that I exposed to our users.
Does anyone knows how to resolve this or we need to wait for Origin v1.3.0?

[1] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/install/docker_registry.html#docker-registry-configuration-reference-middleware

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Guilherme Macedo | guilherme gmacedo com
Information Security Consultant
www.gmacedo.com