Re: Modifying an example image for deployment from source

Thanks. Looks like that puts me back on the right track. The django:3.5 was a mistype on my part. I was referring to the python:3.5 image that was referred to in the build strategy in https://github.com/openshift/django-ex/blob/master/openshift/templates/django.json.

Now it's building no errors and the pod is deploying. 'oc status' shows that it's deployed and 'oc get pods' shows the deploy pod ready and running but the application pod is running but '0/1' ready. When I look at the logs for both the deploy pod and the application pod, I don't see any errors, but the application pod definitely keeps restarting.

logs from application pod:

Synchronizing apps without migrations:
  Creating tables...
    Creating table stats_fagroup
    Creating table stats_metrics
    Creating table stats_host
    Creating table stats_hostperfstatus
    Creating table stats_statistics
    Creating table stats_defaultthreshold
    Creating table stats_threshold
    Creating table stats_pmsignoff
    Running deferred SQL...
  Installing custom SQL...
Running migrations:
  Rendering model states... DONE
  Applying contenttypes.0001_initial... OK
  Applying auth.0001_initial... OK
  Applying admin.0001_initial... OK
  Applying contenttypes.0002_remove_content_type_name... OK
  Applying auth.0002_alter_permission_name_max_length... OK
  Applying auth.0003_alter_user_email_max_length... OK
  Applying auth.0004_alter_user_username_opts... OK
  Applying auth.0005_alter_user_last_login_null... OK
  Applying auth.0006_require_contenttypes_0002... OK
System check identified some issues:

WARNINGS:
stats.HostPerfStatus.date: (fields.W161) Fixed default value provided.
        HINT: It seems you set a fixed date / time / datetime value as default for this field. This may not be what you want. If you want to have the current date as default, use `django.utils.timezone.now`
  Applying sessions.0001_initial... OK
---> Serving application with 'manage.py runserver' ...
WARNING: this is NOT a recommended way to run you application in production!
Consider using gunicorn or some other production web server.

Logs from the deploy pod:

[root oso-master pmweb]# oc logs -f pmweb-1-deploy
I0721 13:08:55.477158       1 deployer.go:200] Deploying test/pmweb-1 for the first time (replicas: 1)
I0721 13:08:55.478057       1 recreate.go:126] Scaling test/pmweb-1 to 1 before performing acceptance check
I0721 13:08:57.518253       1 recreate.go:131] Performing acceptance check of test/pmweb-1
I0721 13:08:57.518333       1 lifecycle.go:445] Waiting 600 seconds for pods owned by deployment "test/pmweb-1" to become ready (checking every 1 seconds; 0 pods previously accepted)

Any idea if there's another place to look for logs for what's going wrong?