Re: What actually is required for DNS and Origin?

Josh Berkus wrote on 07/21/16 22:17:
Folks:

https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/install/prerequisites.html#install-config-install-prerequisites

This goes on a bit about DNS requirements, but what's *actually*
required is a bit unclear.  Do I just need DNS support for the
hostnames?  Or do I need external DNS which supports routing for containers?

Can anyone clarify?

Two things as listed in the doc. One is to have hostnames of masters and slaves resolvable over the configured DNS servers.

The other thing listed as "optional" is having a wildcard record(s) for the routes exposed to services in OpenShift. This subdomain also needs to be configured in master's config file.

HTH