Re: What actually is required for DNS and Origin?

Josh Berkus wrote on 07/21/16 22:59:
Just testing, for now, so the AWS DNS will work.

I'll have to give some thought as to how I'll handle DNS on the hardware
microcluster.  Anyone have suggestions for a minimalist solution?  I'd
love to just run BIND on a container, but there's a bit of a catch-22 there.

Could you explain what kind of DNS are you talking about here? For the exposed services? Presently you just create wildcard A records pointing at your "router" nodes and put the subdomain name in configuration. That you can do once (or whenever nodes are added/removed) in your general DNS infrastructure whatever it is.

There might be other solutions possible in the future though. You can also create "routes" with custom DNS names instead of auto-generated which might be preferable in many cases.