Re: What actually is required for DNS and Origin?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Josh Berkus <jberkus redhat com> wrote:
There is no external DNS server, here.  I'm talking about a portable
microcluster, a stack of microboard computers, self-contained.  The idea
would be to run some kind of local DNS server so that, on directly
connected machines, we could point to that in DNS and it would expose
the services.

I suppose I can just bootstrap that, maybe as a system container ...

If it's a bunch of microboard computers, I'd be tempted to just stick one more in there and run BIND on it.  Are you running a DHCP server, or are all IP addresses statically assigned?

--
Alex Wauck // DevOps Engineer

E X O S I T E
www.exosite.com