Re: What actually is required for DNS and Origin?

This might help: https://github.com/peterhellberg/xip.name

I can't vouch for its quality as I haven't tried it yet, though.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Josh Berkus <jberkus redhat com> wrote:
On 07/21/2016 02:07 PM, Aleksandar Kostadinov wrote:

> Then use plain IPs for nodes and masters. Then use xip.io for automatic
> generated DNS names pointing at your NAT router. Make sure NAT router
> forwards 80 and 443 to OpenShift cluster 80 and 443 ports respectively
> of working router node(s).

Thanks for that.  I didn't know about xip.io before.

> Btw running the app DNS in OpenShift is not exactly catch 22. If you
> know the subdomain name beforehand (which is easy), then you use that
> subdomain in openshift configuration while installing. Then you start a
> DNS pod (you'll have to use node ports feature to expose it to the
> outside world) to serve that subdomain.

I might need to set this up, just because I need the cluster to work
even if it has no internet.

Josh Berkus
Project Atomic
Red Hat OSAS