Re: Every user can authenticate on docker registry on openshift

Correct, the username is ignored, the password is the API token.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Den Cowboy <dencowboy hotmail com> wrote:
Okay, and how is this used for Jenkins.
I have a global service account on OpenShift which provides a token which can be used to authenticate on my registry.
So our jenkins is performing a docker login -u everyuser -p $TOKEN https://registry...

(our jenins is outside our environment)

From: ccoleman redhat com
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 09:27:22 -0400
Subject: Re: Every user can authenticate on docker registry on openshift
To: dencowboy hotmail com
CC: users lists openshift redhat com

You can authenticate - but you can only pull things you have access to.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Den Cowboy <dencowboy hotmail com> wrote:
Is it normal that every user can authenticate on the docker-registry of openshift?
I was always using the same user as my cluster-admin in my openshift.
But now I tried something else:

docker login -u userdoesnotexist \
> -p u89cSfZVXBBxw1cYsIlGKcHHYM_ycxxxlI 172.30.xx.xx:5000
Email (any mail com):
WARNING: login credentials saved in /home/centos/.docker/config.json
Login Succeeded