From: lmeyer redhat com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 15:42:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Change image of fluentd for Aggregating logs
To: lorenz vanthillo outlook com
CC: users lists openshift redhat com

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 5:47 AM, Lorenz Vanthillo <lorenz vanthillo outlook com> wrote:
We have OpenShift Origin 1.1.6
A month ago we deployed our logging project with the help of the templates.
But now we want to add some extra plugin to our Fluentd so we have to rebuild the base image of fluentd of OpenShift:
So we have to edit:
  gem install --no-rdoc --no-ri fluentd:${FLUENTD_VERSION} fluent-plugin-kubernetes_metadata_filter fluent-plugin-elasticsearch fluent-plugin-flatten-hash

Then we can rebuild the image and push it. Fluentd doesn't have a deploymentconfig so we can't change the image there.
We have to change our template(s) and reprocess the template(s)?

Can we just edit this template:
logging-fluentd-template

And change:
image: ${IMAGE_PREFIX}logging-fluentd:${IMAGE_VERSION}

To our image?
Or do we have to change more/other things?

That should work; well, you need to delete the existing daemonset, and then `oc new-app logging-fluentd-template` after changing it to get the new definition deployed. There's no editing a daemonset at this point so it requires delete/create.