Re: 503 - Maintenance page

Not clear if you want the router to automatically serve the 503 page or not. If you do, this line in the haproxy config template:
https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/images/router/haproxy/conf/haproxy-config.template#L198

automatically sends a 503 page if your service is down (example has 0 pods backing the service).
The actual error page template is at:
    https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/images/router/haproxy/conf/error-page-503.http

You could customize the template and/or error page (and the router image) to use a different page.

Alternatively, if you desire some other behavior, you can disable it by removing that haproxy directive. Does still need a custom template + router image.

HTH.