Re: Configure resolv.conf Pods

Hi Scott,

If I set dnsmasq in the node-config.yaml. How I can forward cluster dns to skydns? Because Openshift services don't have any domain, right?

Thanks,
Fran

Fran,

If you set dnsIP in your node-config.yaml file it will make that IP
address the first nameserver in your pod's resolv.conf. I don't know
how to add timeout options to pod's resolv.conf, but hopefully you
should have timeout issues.

BTW, the installer should be configuring dnsmasq on each node and
setting dnsIP to the local host's IP address starting with Origin 1.2
and OCP 3.2. dnsmasq is then responsible for forwarding cluster dns to
skydns and other requests to the host's default resolver.

--
Scott