Re: Configure resolv.conf Pods

Hi Scott,

I have configured dnsmasq as you commented and working good in my environment, but I have another environment in 1.0.8 version and the problem is the "option ndots:5" If i delete this option everything working good but I don't know why Openshift set this automatically in /etc/resolv.conf

I see in other version that this options is dissapeared but in older version not. Is there any way to delete this option?

Thanks,
Fran

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but you'd configure dnsmasq
to forward 'cluster.local' to skydns and all other requests to your
desired nameservers, place a file in /etc/dnsmasq.d/ like this

strict-order
no-resolv
domain-needed
server=/cluster.local/172.30.0.1
server=/30.172.in-addr.arpa/172.30.0.1
server=4.4.4.4
server=8.8.8.8

Again, the installer does this for you automatically using a
NetworkManager dispatcher script to configure dnsmasq. You can see
what it does here
https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/blob/master/roles/openshift_node_dnsmasq/files/networkmanager/99-origin-dns.sh