docker build-arg

Hi All,

Is there a way to specify a build-arg to a docker build.

I have a Dockerfile with an ARG statement and I would like to run something equivalent to

$docker build --build-arg ARG1=value ./build-dir

My docker buildconfig is setup and I can trigger new builds without the arg as

$oc start-build <name> --from-dir=./build-dir

I tried using -e but got a warning:

WARNING: Specifying environment variables with binary builds is not supported.

So is there a way to pass build-args or is it simply not supported?

Thanks

Lionel.