Re: Multiple Jenkins Instances

On Oct 5, 2016 4:05 PM, "Dean Peterson" <peterson dean gmail com> wrote:

> Does it make sense to spin up multiple Jenkins instances in a single pod? For example. If I use the built in Jenkins template and spin it up. Then click the arrow to increase the number of pods/containers running Jenkins, will this cause issues due to the stateful nature of Jenkins?

I assume you mean multiple in a single project. And  no, in most cases it does not make sense to do so. If you're using pipelines running multiple could be harmful as multiple instances compete to manage your pipeline builds.

If you aren't using pipelines, the harm would depend on the nature of your jenkins jobs and how they were triggered, but you still probably don't want multiple running with the same job configurations.