Does NFS PVC wipe existing data before attaching?

If I create a persistent volume claim using an NFS share that has existing data, will the data be wipded? Same thing with creating the persistent volume. Will the existing data be deleted. I want to make existing data accessible to multiple pods/containers in an NFS share. If I make a persistent volume pointing to that existing path. How do I get the persistent volume claim to access that existing path and make the containers with the claim see it?