Re: Managing OpenShift Configuration with Puppet/Ans ible… what are your best practices?

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins redhat com> wrote:
On 10/13/2016 07:52 AM, Philippe Lafoucrière wrote:
Just to clarify our need here:

We want the projects config inside a configuration tool. There's currently nothing preventing from modifying the config of a project (let's say, a DC), and no one will be notified of the change.

Do you mean, if someone does 'oc edit dc my-project-dc', you want to be able to sync those changes back to some config file, so that if you redeploy, it will use the changes you made when you did the 'oc edit'?

I believe he is looking to have the external config be the source of truth in this case. Which would be covered by the future Ansible module work (we aren't looking to provide additional configuration management support beyond Ansible, as far as I know).

We're looking for something to keep track of changes,

It is possible to do this part currently using watch, either through the api or through the command line tooling.

and make sure the config deployed is the config we have in our git repo.

This is the trickier part, which the Ansible modules would help address.

--
Jason DeTiberus