How are codes injected into builder image?

I am using Wildfly builder image (just for testing purposes)
and I wrote my own assemble and run scripts.

What am I doing wrong when I need to do git clone
inside of assemble script?

When openshift triggers build it downloads provided
git url and then injects .s2i scripts into builder image
but how and where are codes injected into builder image?

What am I missing?

Thanks for any suggestion - links, docs etc. I am trying
to get into build process.

David Strejc
https://octopussystems.cz
t: +420734270131