Re: How are codes injected into builder image?

Hey David,

The s2i tool clones the repository and injects the source into the container. This means that git is not required inside the container.

There's a label that defines where it goes, so it can be overridden if you'd like.  Example from the WildFly image: https://github.com/openshift-s2i/s2i-wildfly/blob/master/10.1/Dockerfile#L17

Documentation that explains the labels and what they do: https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.3/creating_images/metadata.html

Specifically for S2I builders, there are a few other labels: https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.3/creating_images/s2i.html

Cheers,