Re: Satellite instead of subscription-manager PLEASE HELP (BLOCKED)

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Dean Peterson <peterson dean gmail com> wrote:
I went to the link: "https://access.redhat.com/rhn-to-rhsm". It says satellite users should be unaffected. I'm a little confused. I'm using satellite, but when I type subscription-manager register it says i'm registered. However, when I run "subscription-manager attach --auto", it spins for a while then says I am not registered.

The tooling hits separate systems, so register is showing that you are registered, but only because the RHN tooling is configured and reports it's registered. Attach tries to attach subscriptions from RHSM and will fail because the RHSM system does not manage the system.

We pay a lot of money for Openshift Enterprise and it will not work without upgrading our entire satellite system?

For the host subscription/entitlement information to be propagated into the container, it would either require the host be subscribed to Satellite 6 or the hosted subscription management service.

Right now we are on version 5.5 of satellite. There is no way to make this work with our existing setup?

Possible options I can think of off the top of my head:
- Subscribe OpenShift systems directly to Subscription Manager, instead of Satellite 5.5
- Access packages through a reposync'd mirror: https://access.redhat.com/solutions/9892, and configure the mirror as part of the container build.

I'd suggest contacting support and/or account manager, since they may know of other options available and could potentially help advocate for adding Satellite 5 support.

--
Jason