modifications to docker package preventing correct proxy settings?

Hello, I am having a very difficult time. I am starting to think there is a modification Redhat has done to the docker packages preventing my proxy setting from working correctly. Our openshift is behind a proxy server. When I try to do a simple "docker pull centos", I get the frustrating error: "Tag latest not found in repository docker.io/library/centos".  I have tried other tags as well with no luck. Before I put the proxy setting in, I received "authorizationrequired" messages. I got past that by adding the proxy info to /etc/sysconfig/docker. Then I received x509 errors. I got past that by adding the appropriate certificate file to docker. Now, with everything seemingly correct, I am unable to do a simple pull. From what I can tell, this is not an issue with stock docker. Is there something else that needs to be done to make the redhat docker package work with a proxy?

Inline image 1