Referencing between individual services

I got project and under that project I got deployed Java application.

It has its own route, service, bc, dc.

Now I will have another application build via npm and served by Nginx.

I want that nginx to proxy my Java application (just setting proxy
inside Nginx config) - does anybody have ideal "how to" for doing
that?

I will convince Nginx
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21866477/nginx-use-environment-variables)
to use env variables if desired.

But what is the reight approach to referencing between individual pods
(which has its own routes, bc , dc).

Thank you.

David Strejc
https://octopussystems.cz