Secure SSL route

Hi,

we have an app which is hosted by nginx inside the same container. We used the default.conf of nginx which is listening to port 80.

443 and 80 are exposed but only 80 is 'in use'. We're able to create a secure route with the openshift webconsole (or oc expose svc..). But of course there was nothing to show.

Now we try to edit our nginx configuration so we can use a secure route on our service (above the pod).

In the container we changed the default.conf:

listen 443;

I have a bit experience with using apache (not nginx) to use ssl but than I need my self signed certificates inside my container and that kind of stuff. Do I need this for OpenShift?

I saw in my browser:

SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

I edit again to

listen       443 ssl http2;
But now I see in the logs of my pod:

*1 no "ssl_certificate" is defined in server listening on SSL port while SSL handshaking, client: 10.x.x.x, server: 0.0.0.0:443