Re: modifications to docker package preventing correct proxy settings?

Everything looked like it was working from the cli. However, I ran /var/log/messages | grep docker to look at the docker daemon logs. I was still getting certificate errors. I loaded hub.docker.com into my browser and extracted the certificate chain. I put those in /etc/docker/certs.d/docker.io and it worked part-way.

I needed to add those proxy certs to the global location and now it works all the way.