Possible for containers to use host network

The containers being run, even the build containers, cannot resolve internal network hosts. For example, a proxy server sits at a specific internal host url (only seen on the internal network). Openshift creates containers on its own subnetwork. The containers on the Openshift network cannot see the proxy server host sitting at a specific internal host url because of the openshift subnetwork not being part of the internal network. I believe I am getting this right. Is there a way to make containers in openshift see the hosts of an internal network by url handled with internal DNS outside Openshift's SkyDNS?