Re: multi cloudprovider

On Oct 26, 2016 4:29 AM, "Andrew Lau" <andrew andrewklau com> wrote:

> Does openshift have support for multi cloudproviders (without federation)? eg. if we want to spread a cluster across AWS and oVirt.

It does not. To deploy a single cluster across multiple cloud providers or multiple regions in the same cloud provider the integrated cloud provider support needs to be disabled.

This is a limitation of Kubernetes and there are currently no plans to change this outside of using federated clusters.

> My concern around such an implementation is the AWS dynamic volume provisioning and masters access key requirements.

Indeed, you would lose all support for cloud-based volumes, even pre-provisiond ones.

You could use Gluster for dynamic volumes.

The bigger consideration will be latency between the hosts and the design of your scheduler config, node labeling, and node selectors for you projects/deployments to properly place things across the different providers.

--
Jason DeTiberus