Re: multi cloudprovider

Thanks

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 at 22:12 Jason DeTiberus <jdetiber redhat com> wrote:

On Oct 26, 2016 4:29 AM, "Andrew Lau" <andrew andrewklau com> wrote:

> Does openshift have support for multi cloudproviders (without federation)? eg. if we want to spread a cluster across AWS and oVirt.

It does not. To deploy a single cluster across multiple cloud providers or multiple regions in the same cloud provider the integrated cloud provider support needs to be disabled.

Would it be possible to have a cloud provider and then nodes not part of the cloud provider?

This is a limitation of Kubernetes and there are currently no plans to change this outside of using federated clusters.

Federation seems to be a kube only thing atm(?)

> My concern around such an implementation is the AWS dynamic volume provisioning and masters access key requirements.

Indeed, you would lose all support for cloud-based volumes, even pre-provisiond ones.

You could use Gluster for dynamic volumes.

Does gluster still have the 100 volume limit? We lose out on a lot of IO last time we had a large gluster cluster.

The bigger consideration will be latency between the hosts and the design of your scheduler config, node labeling, and node selectors for you projects/deployments to properly place things across the different providers.

--
Jason DeTiberus