Segmentation of internal/external applications

Hi,

I'm in the initial planning phase for a OSE 3.3 HA deployment and had a few questions/concerns about how to properly segment routing for applications that should only be available within our firewalls, and other applications that should be accessible directly via the Internet.

As of now, the plan is to deploy a group of dedicated router nodes behind external load balancers and point our wildcard DNS (eg, *.ose.domain.com) to the VIP that fronts the router nodes.  My first thought was to handle these types of restrictions at our external load balancers with rules that restrict source networks for certain URIs.

Perhaps another solution would be to deploy multiple groups of dedicated router nodes (one for "internal" apps and one for "external" apps) and create two unique VIPs on our load balancers for each.  Our internet firewalls would allow access to the VIP for "external" applications (the one with the 'external' router nodes as pool members) and restrict/prevent access to the VIP fronting the "internal" applications. For this to work, I think we would need to use labels/selectors to "tag" each application/project/pod as 'internal' or 'external' so the appropriate group of routers gets configured properly.  In this scenario, I believe I would also have to have multiple wildcard DNS entries (eg, *.internal.ose.domain.com and *.external.ose.domain.com) that point to the router node VIPs.

Does this solution sound feasible?  Is there a better way to handle this or am I on the right track?

Thanks,

Josh