Docker registry external access from a trust certificate

Hello Guys,

I have a wildcard certificate and it's ok for both web console, router and metrics.

I followed the doc [1] and was able to access the docker registry externally but from an untrusted certificate (self-signed certificate).

In the doc, first I created the passthrough route what should be a valid certificate from the router, after I created the self-signed certificate to the docker registry and finally I was able to access the registry externally but from an untrusted certificate

On the other hand, the metrics use self-signed certificate and the route is re-encrypt [2]

I created the re-encrypt route to the docker registry too and it seems be ok.

My local docker is configured with --add-registry instead of --insecure-registry and now I'm able to login and push images to the registry from a trust certificate

Is it recommended to work in production or should I deploy the registry directly with the custom certificate ?

[1] https://docs.openshift.com/enterprise/latest/install_config/install/docker_registry.html#exposing-the-registry

[2] https://docs.openshift.com/enterprise/latest/install_config/cluster_metrics.html#metrics-reencrypting-route