Re: s2i build set hostname

Hello Jonathan

Thank you for your time.

I'm trying to install the ipa-client on which must have a fixed hostname

My final goal is set up a FTP container with centralized authentication as I asked for advice:

http://lists.openshift.redhat.com/openshift-archives/users/2016-September/msg00026.html

Thank you

Hey Robson,

Can you elaborate more on what you're trying to do and why you need to change the hostname?

I'm no expert, but I believe changing the hostname requires root, and s2i builds typically run as a nonprivileged user, so it's likely not possible to change the hostname from within the build at build time.