Re: s2i build set hostname

Sure,

I'm trying create an image with ssh because I think that sshd is more easy to test

Follow the code so far:

# cat Dockerfile

# ose-ftp-rhel7
FROM rhel7.2

ENV BUILDER_VERSION 1.0
ENV HOSTNAME ose-ftp.example.com

RUN INSTALL_PKGS="openssh-server ipa-client" && KADMIN_PASS="" && HOSTNAME="ose-ftp.example.com" && \
    yum install -y $INSTALL_PKGS && yum clean all -y
    #ipa-client-install --server=ipaserver.example.com --password=$KADMIN_PASS --mkhomedir --domain=example.com --unattended

LABEL io.openshift.s2i.scripts-url="">image:///usr/local/s2i

COPY ./.s2i/bin/ /usr/local/s2i

USER root

EXPOSE 22

CMD ["/usr/sbin/sshd", "-D"]

# cat .s2i/bin/run
exec /usr/sbin/sshd -D

# make
# docker run -d -P ose-ftp-rhel7-candidate

and so I have the image with the ssh service working but no hostname changed

Perhaps should I put the set hostname in the .s2i/bin/run

---

Another thing that I'm figuring out is when I run:

# s2i build . rhel7 ose-ftp --loglevel=3

This isn't running the RUN section from dockerfile to install the packages, only if I run the: # make command that it have effect.

Is it normal ?

From s2i build command I'm not getting any error

Thank you

Hey Robson,

I see, thanks for the context. I'm unfamiliar with ipa-client, so will just share two thoughts:

1. The hostname is fixed for the lifetime of the container (that is, once the pod starts, it will keep its hostname until it crashes or is stopped)
2. If you want to choose a hostname, consider using the PetSet feature: http://kubernetes.io/docs/user-guide/petset/ - this requires OpenShift Origin 1.3, or the yet-to-be-released OpenShift Container Platform 3.3

However, I'm unsure how this relates to s2i. Would it be possible for you to share any code or working example that you have put together so far?