Re: node constraints for builds/terminating pods

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 at 02:09 Ben Parees <bparees redhat com> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 4:03 AM, Andrew Lau <andrew andrewklau com> wrote:
Hi all,

Is it possible to tweak the scheduler to have a different ruleset for terminating/run-once pods? eg. I want to run all builds on a specific subset of nodes.

Not currently, but we are tracking this card to try to solve the problem:
https://trello.com/c/O4CNExeB/792-13-allow-for-a-separate-set-of-build-nodes-ops-rfe

note that it is blocked by the upstream "taints and tolerations" feature, but it's definitely something we're looking at in the near term.
Thanks Ben.

Following the conversation trail, I too would like to see the ability for users select a node grouping. Some additional reasons could be cost reasons (eg. using cluster 1 is faster but more expensive) or geographical constraints (legal requirements or specific app network/source access restrictions).

Thanks