Trouble following the Getting Started guide

Hi,

I've just started looking at OpenShift Origin. I'm attempting to get it going on a CentOS Atomic Host box, and I've been following the Getting Started guide at https://docs.openshift.org/latest/getting_started/administrators.html#getting-started-administrators, using the method to run origin as a docker container. I've launched origin, and I can create the indicated test project and the deployment example app. I've also been able to login to the web console.

The first of my problems is when the guide suggests running "oc tag deployment-example:v2 deployment-example:latest". This command fails with "error: "deployment-example:v2" is not currently pointing to an image, cannot use it as the source of a tag".

Leaving this aside, I moved on to trying to deploy the integrated registry. Running the command listed, I receive a warning that I should be using the --service-account option as --credentials is deprecated. "oc get all" shows that the deploy pod is running for the registry, but the registry pod never starts. A combination of oc get, oc logs and oc describe led me to the conclusion that a service account under the name of registry needed to exist, and it didn't. I created this service account, and the pod now launches. Unfortunately, it's still not working properly, as even though the pod launches, it only lives for about 30 seconds before being restarted. Seemingly the liveness and readiness checks are failing as they are getting a 503 error when looking at /healthz on port 5000. This is a bit confusing, as if I launch a shell in the container and use curl, I get a 200 OK response, and similarly if I use curl from the openshift container to the IP address of the registry container I get a 200 OK response. Does anyone have any idea why it's doing this? Have I gone wrong somewhere?

I should mention that this server has no direct connection to the Internet, all offsite http and https traffic must go via a web proxy. I've set the HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY and NO_PROXY env vars on the docker command line used to launch the openshift container, and I've set this in /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/http-proxy.conf on the host. Even though I'm able to pull images successfully, could this be contributing to my problem? If so, any ideas on how I might get this working from behind a web proxy?.  Also, I managed to work around my first issue by editing the ImageStream in the web console and manually inputting a both v1 and v2 tags pointing to the v1 and v2 tags of the docker image respectively, and this has allowed me to switch between the versions by updating the latest tag and the command suggests. Was this the right thing to do or have I made a mistake somewhere?

Thanks very much

Martin