Re: Router Sharding

There are docs here:
- https://docs.openshift.org/latest/architecture/core_concepts/routes.html#router-sharding
https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/router/default_haproxy_router.html#creating-router-shards

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 at 06:13 Srinivas Naga Kotaru (skotaru) <skotaru cisco com> wrote:

Just saw 3.3 features blog

https://blog.openshift.com/whats-new-openshift-3-3-cluster-management/

We’re rethinking of our cluster design and want to consolidate 1 cluster per data center. Initially we were planning off 2 cluster per data center to server internal and external traffic dedicated to its own cluster.

Consolidating to a single cluster per DC will offer multiple advantages to us.  We currently running latest 3.2.1 release

Router Sharding is available in 3.2.x branch or need to wait for 3.3? I was thinking this feature has been available from 3.x onwards as per documentation available. Not sure what is mean for upcoming 3.3.

We really want to take advantage of this feature and test ASAP. Current documentation is not clear or explains only high level.

Can you help me or point to right documentation which explains step by steps to test this feature?

Can we control routes at project level so that clients wont modifies to move their routes from prod to non-prod or internal to external routers?

--

Srinivas Kotaru