AW: Router Sharding

Hi.

I agree with you, and I have tried to contribute to the doc but that’s wasn’t an easy task so I stopped.

Maybe I was also to naïve so blame me that I have stopped contribution.

@1: Currently that’s not possible you will need to add for every route the label for the dedicate router.

‘oc create route …’

have no options to set labels you will need to use

oc expose service ... --labels='router=one' --hostname='...'

or you can use the labels in the webconsole.

Oh and by the way the default router MUST also have ROUTE_LABELS if you don’t want to expose all routes to the default router.

@2: you will need the new template from OCP 3.3 there are additional env variables necessary to be able to use more the none router on the same node.

https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/images/router/haproxy/conf/haproxy-config.template#L147

https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/images/router/haproxy/conf/haproxy-config.template#L184

and you need to add on the router nodes in the iptables chain ‘OS_FIREWALL_ALLOW’ the additional ports.

@3: This would be a little bit tricky on the same node due to the fact that the

https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/images/ipfailover/keepalived/lib/failover-functions.sh#L11-L12

only handle one config file. Maybe there is a way with *VIPS but I have never tried this.

Hth

Aleks