Re: Router Sharding

For the questions:

1) It has been described in the doc, you can find it here. https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/router/default_haproxy_router.html#using-namespace-router-shards
In short words, you can use a NAMESPACE_LABEL to filter which project to use which router.

2) If you have multiple infra nodes, and every router pod can land on different node. Then you do not need to change ports.
If you'd like to run more than one routers on a single node, then each router must have the different ports. And here is the doc for how to create router with custom ports. https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/router/default_haproxy_router.html#customizing-the-router-service-ports

3) As I am not using ipfailover much, but I think you will not want the same VIPs working for the different services. So you may need to create another set of ipfailover. And you need to specify the --vrrp-id-offset to make them co-exist in a single cluster.

Thanks.