Re: Jenkins plugin - binary build

There is an API for launching a binary build from a build config - you can do it from a curl call if necessary (run with --loglevel=8 to see an example of that call).  You must send as the contents of the POST call the source to build as a tar, zip, or tar.gz

On Sep 27, 2016, at 6:35 AM, Ben Parees <bparees redhat com> wrote:

On Sep 27, 2016 2:10 AM, "Lionel Orellana" <lionelve gmail com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is it possible to trigger a binary build in Jenkins using the openshiftBuild step?
>
> I'm basically trying to run something like
>
> oc start-build <bc> --from-dir=<dir>
>
> but there's no option to pass from-dir in the openshiftBuild step. Are there plans to support this?

It's not possible today, but yes it is on our list. In the meantime you can shell out and invoke oc directly to accomplish the same thing.