Get OpenShift API address

So I know you can use "openshift.default.svc.cluster.local" for accessing the OpenShift's console API internally from within a Pod.
We actually use that to create a new project for the same user, but now we want to redirect the user to that newly created project.
So my question is:

Is there a way to get the OpenShift console's _external_ IP/host from inside a Pod?

Right now we have to add a field to our template where we're basically telling the user: "could you look at the address bar of your browser and paste the hostname/IP-address you see there into this field?". Not very user-friendly :)

--

TAKO SCHOTANUS

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Red Hat