Re: Get OpenShift API address

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Jonh Wendell <jonh wendell redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 7:47 AM, Tako Schotanus <tschotan redhat com> wrote:
So I know you can use "openshift.default.svc.cluster.local" for accessing the OpenShift's console API internally from within a Pod.

I'd recommend you to use the env vars KUBERNETES_SERVICE_HOST and KUBERNETES_SERVICE_PORT, which are available in all pods. It gives you the internal kube ip which can be used to reach the kube/openshift API.

Ok thanks!

We actually use that to create a new project for the same user, but now we want to redirect the user to that newly created project.
So my question is:

Is there a way to get the OpenShift console's _external_ IP/host from inside a Pod?

I don't know if this is currently possible. I even wonder if having this available within a pod could be seen as a security flaw...

Perhaps yes. Thanks anyway.

Right now we have to add a field to our template where we're basically telling the user: "could you look at the address bar of your browser and paste the hostname/IP-address you see there into this field?". Not very user-friendly :)

--

TAKO SCHOTANUS

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Red Hat